California Penal Code sections 1203.4 and 1203.4(a) permit a defendant who has either successfully completed probation, terminated probation early, or waited a year after conviction where no probation was granted, to petition the Court for an order setting aside the conviction.  Under many circumstances, an order setting aside a conviction may assist an individual by removing many of the harsh consequences that flow from a prior conviction.

Additionally, the California Penal Code allows many convicted felons to seek a reduction in their conviction from a felony to a misdemeanor.

If you or someone you know needs a set aside or reduction of their offense from a misdemeanor to a felony, contact RAAB | MAHONEY to schedule a free consultation.